Sunday, May 4, 2008

Praying in so many ways. . .

The guys take things pretty seriously at the seminary -- I mean we all do, but these guys really show it. Sundays mean extended liturgies, beautiful choral sets and chants. It also means that it was a very good thing that Morgan and I packed our cassocks.

Last time, we had a picture taken like this, it was just before our first vows. My, how we've grown (you can fill in any number of words here: up, out, wise, holy, or grey -- to name a few)





Speaking of first vows, when we were in the novitiate, one of the Dominican novice masters spoke of the importance of praying in church, but he said, "too much time in church is not so good. Learn to pray everywhere." I always loved that advice, and today we lived up to it. Be it that it is supposed to be a slower day, Morgan and I went to the beach. You may recall that the beach is a place both of us love, so much so that in last year's blog we had a contest to see who could take the better beach picture.

This year, I think we both win.

I suspect that Morgan spent much of his day reflecting about the goodness of God as we took in the sights -- perhaps.


I, on the other hand, remember quite clearly what I was thinking at this point: How do we convince the Basilians to start an apostolate here? Really, I promise I will work hard -- really. . .

As for the Austrailian word of the day: "Scabbing", which is the term used when you take something from someone else. (However, since Morgan didn't want those fries anyway, I am not sure this is
entirely appropriate)

Enough fun in the sun, tomorrow, the real rat race begins. Until next time, Blessings and G'Day!

No comments: