Saturday, May 10, 2008

Movin' on up!

We finally moved to our new home yesterday, after a wonderful week at Good Shepherd Seminary in Homebush (see here).

It was a wonderful opportunity to meet the future priests (and some current priests) of the Archdiocese, but it wasn't meant to last.

Now over the years, I have lived in some, shall we say, "interesting" places as a Basilian. Strawberry Island had bats (everywhere) and New York had rats. But, you accept what you are given, knowing that, if anything, it will make for a good story later. Indeed, I can say that I look back on every experience with great fondness and happy memories. As for our new home -- I can look on it now with great fondness!

No, we didn't petition for this, we just went where we were told. We living in the presbytery (or rectory) of a church on the North Shore of Sydney.




We are just up the street from the zoo and when you walk down 10 minutes to the end of the street, this is our view:

We live with the pastor and the associate pastor (who is also my supervisor at the office) who lives in a semi-attached apartment, so we are in good hands.




Of course, as I do when I am anywhere new, I went for a run this morning. For those of you who read Runner's World, it was a "Rave Run." I joined up with a group (that was quite speedly) and we ran our way across the "heads" of the North Shore, along the beaches and up and down the cliffs. Just fabulous.


Afterwards, Morgan and I decided we would go out to the little cafe down the street. Complete with a flower in our muffin, this is how you know you have moved uptown! Thanks be to God, we are finally home -- if only for four months.

No comments: