Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Feels like home

Last night, CCO and Fr. Tom Rosica led a prayer service, inspired by the life of Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati, at St. Mary's Cathedral. After a day of running around like a chicken without a head, it was wonderful to spend a few quiet moments in prayer. I also had a chance to spend some time with Frassati's niece and Carl Anderson, Supreme Knight of the Knights of Columbus. However, the really amazing part of the evening was the chance to be with so many friends on the other side of the world. I realized how blessed I am to belong to such a wonderful community that exists on so many different levels. It has been a while since I have felt "at home" but last night, among so many friends from the USA, Canada and Australia, I felt as if I was with family. What a blessing and a privilege.

The day is off to the races already, but there are pictures and further thoughts at CNS, which is linked just to the side of this posting.

Blessings and G'Day!

No comments: