Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Taking a little boat ride in the Harbour


Don't ask me how I find myself in these positions, but some how I find myself coordinating much of the Pope's voyage across Sydney Harbour. Of course, there are lots of people working on this, but what people do when they are on the boat is now my responsibility. I have known this for about a week, but as soon as it got confirmed, the first order of business was to go see the boat. So here it is, four levels of boat and soon to be ten levels of security.


As for this spot -- you guessed, the Pope will be right here.

The funny thing about all of this is it was another Basilian who coordinated the Papal voyage in Cologne. Add that to JPII's trip to Strawberry Island and you build a pretty impressive collection of Pope's, Basilians, and boats!

As for the Australian word of the Day: "Oz", which is Australia. This one took me forever to find out. You see it on many signs and ads, but since people don't talk about their own country by a name, it took a while. Just think of the advertising WYD could do with this one!

Blessings and G'Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I wonder who was in charge of the last one. Nice photo it seems the boat is almost the same size.

AL